Return to Headlines
Kids Against Hunger Campaign
DES Kids Against Hunger
Each year, our Student Council sponsors a philanthropy project to give back to our global community. This year, the children have selected Kids Against Hunger. The mission of this organization is to significantly reduce the number of starving children in the United States and throughout the world. Meals are shipped to over 60 countries through partnerships with humanitarian organizations worldwide.
On Tuesday, November 29th, students in grades DK-5 were presented with the Kids Against Hunger project.
Meals will be packaged on Thursday, May 25th. DK-1 grade students will decorate bags and students in grades 2-5 will package food. To purchase the food, a $5 donation per child will greatly assist. Please visit Kids Against Hunger for more information. Thank you!
Fundraising Update from Student Council:
- December 7th, raised $140 with "Selfies with Sharky"
- January 12th, raised $933 with "Sports Time w/ Teachers"
- February 1st, raised $566 with "Dress as Your Favorite Storybook Character"
- March 7th, raised $783 with "Sports Time w/ Teachers"
- March 16th, raised $1460.50 with"Hat Day" and donations.